The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce of Los Angeles (SACC-LA) is looking for three self-motivated and driven interns focused on different key areas. This is a 6 month internship beginning in July 2018.
SACC-LA is the #1 preferred network in Los Angeles, “The Entertainment Capital of the World”, for people seeking Swedish-American co-operation within creative and innovative industries. For us it is equally important to build strong relations with our members as it is to actively search for new members that can expand and add value to our network. There will be plenty of events, both our own and external, that you will visit to connect with people of your and the Chamber’s interest.
As a Marketing Manager at SACC-LA you will work closely with the Board of Directors, who all are established within creative and innovative industries and know how to navigate in LA. This internship gives a unique opportunity to build an extensive network, while engaging in managerial work and performing your tasks while partaking in effective teamwork. In your role as Marketing Manager you will have responsibilities vital for the daily operations.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Marketing Manager Intern – Event
- Plan and discuss event strategies with the board and team, write project descriptions, briefing of team and other involved partners, budget responsibility, time-planning, booking of location and catering, create briefs and be responsible for marketing.
- Manage and build sponsorship efforts with potential sponsors and negotiate sponsorship deals for our events. Be responsible for monitoring and making sure sponsorship deals are followed through and develop and maintain strategic partnerships.
- Together with your team, be responsible for the general marketing of the Chamber during events, through different marketing channels, etc.
Marketing Manager Intern – Communication, PR & Social Media
- Web editor responsible for the updating and managing of the SACC-LA website.
- Editor for SACC-LA’s weekly newsletter with over 3,000 subscribers.
- Create a social media strategy and content for SACC-LA’s current social media channels.
- Together with your team, be responsible for the general marketing of the Chamber during events, through different marketing channels, etc. Develop brief material for external partners.
- Responsible for making sure that all external communication follows our communication strategy and graphical guidelines.
Marketing Manager Intern – Finance, Accounting & Membership
- Managing the accounting (using Quickbooks) for the Chamber including events, membership dues, etc. Please observe this will all be done in English, following the US-based accounting system.
- Invoicing membership dues and following up on late payments.
- Work closely with the CFO to ensure a long-term financial strategy for the Chamber. Deliver reports of current balance and other finance related information to the CFO and to the board meetings.
- Keep membership database constantly updated and manage CRM system. Membership recruitment and build membership relations.
- Together with the event intern, create budgets for events to ensure a good strategy for profitability.
- Manage and build long-term sponsorship efforts with potential sponsors and negotiate sponsorship deals. Be responsible for monitoring and making sure sponsorship deals are followed through.