The SACC-LA Trainee Program provides U.S. companies with highly qualified trainees from Sweden. Consider this a cost-efficient way of accessing Swedish talent and technology while adding some cultural diversity to your office. For the trainees, a training program in the U.S. is the opportunity of a life time. Talk about win-win!
The purpose of the Trainee Program is to promote and foster education, cultural exchange between Sweden and the U.S. by providing Swedish students and young professionals the opportunity to develop a good knowledge of the American business culture, gain work experience as well as enjoy a new environment.
Benefits for the Intern/Trainee
- You get to put your theoretical knowledge into practice. You will learn American methodologies and practices and will be able to compare differences between the U.S. and Sweden.
- You will learn first-hand how business is conducted in the U.S.
- You will improve your English speaking and writing skills, both general business-English and specific to your field.
- You will develop an understanding of U.S. customs and culture and become adept at cross-cultural communication – a skill that will be invaluable in your future career.
- With international experience on your resume, you will immediately gain an advantage over your peers in the Swedish job market.
- You will start building a personal international support network.
Benefits for the Host Company
- Receive qualified trainees.
- Intern/Trainee will bring a European perspective to your organization.
- SACC-LA will post your position on our website and distribute it to our network in Sweden to generate applications specifically for your position.
- SACC-LA reviews candidate applications so that you are ensured that they meet the criteria established by the U.S. Department of State for the J-1 visa.
- SACC-LA guides you and your trainee through the application process and assists with the necessary documentation.
- There generally are no social security or medicare taxes for a J-1 trainee. The trainee generally pays his or her own insurance and travel expenses. The host company pays the SACC-USA visa service fee and the SEVIS fee and is encouraged to pay the intern/trainee a stipend to cover living expenses.